Restrictions on Nigerian passport: A form of slavery or an abuse of our right to mobility - Toyosi Craig



I am I the only one who feels like the restrictions on Nigerian passport to many countries is a kind of slavery or an abuse of our right to mobility (that is, the need for visas to visit most countries,including  S/America, Africa and Asia, even when the trip is of noble course)..?
After getting a visa to S/Korea I still needed another visa to Jeju Island (An island inside Korea)... now travelling to Chile (no straight flight, so I have to go Brazil first), I need a transit visa to Brazil, after getting a Visitor Visa to Chile.. What are all these evil..
Last year, the Brazilian embassy had to call me to send my parents name after I had filled it in their online application... as if I was a minor, or that a Nigerian cannot be Craig.. their consulate gave me a visa with  the exact number of days I was gonna stay and I had to pay expensive air ticket fees to stay within my visa dates.. What is it with the world..
Why is the world scared of us.. how many evil have been perpetrated by Nigerians in the world, as compared to good we have done.
When a Nigerian owns a company in a foreign land, he doesn't enslave the indigenous people or pay them next to nothing, as some would in Nigeria.
There are two classes of Nigerian immigrants, the first class are the highly educated and skilled ones (or seeking to become),  the second group are the highly talented unskilled  professionals/ business owners/entrepreneurs. Ask the United States or the United Kingdom, they can testify that despite their harshness in issuing visas to Nigerians, our people are still major stakeholders in their achievements.
 The world fail to realise that Nigerians bring success and breakthrough to cities they resides.. (we dare where others fear to go) ..Show me a city with Nigerian immigrants and I will show you a city with best brains and best hands... While there may be some very few Nigerians with bad character, it is an unnecessary hasty generalisation to think that majority of Nigerians are bad.
For record sake, we don't deal drugs in Nigeria, hardly can you hear of an arrest or about someone dealing with hard drugs in Nigeria, so the next time you look at me with such eye, just know I will tell you the reason you never made it beyond that station of yours.

And to the Nigerian Ministry of foreign affairs, the onus lie on you to re brand the image of our nation, and country men. You can create a record of all Nigerians at home and abroad and synchronize the data using BVN and NIMC.. These things are not rocket science..
As much as I see myself as a global citizen, I am still a Nigerian and will forever be and I need to feel proud at least for once.. I have a lot of ideas for our foreign ministry and how to negotiate the challenges Nigerians are facing abroad.. If I am contacted, I will be willing to help.

Please and please, enough of this stress.. why do we have to waste money paying for visa to almost all countries, when we are still gonna spend our money in those countries and still add value to them.
Whatever it takes for Nigeria to be great.

Toyosi Craig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kini ni n o fole se laye timo wa.. what would I do with money laundering? Yoruba poem from Alawiye

Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) GATE. A dream come true. .. WINNING 11.. FUTA CLASS OF 2011 - Toyosi Craig

Philip Hayab– The Pride of Ham, the Pride of Nigeria